This was my breakfast today! It was soooo good! Pair it some hot chocolate or a cup of coffee and you’ve got a great way to start the day!
Follow us on Facebook for more recipes! Subscribe to our blog so you never miss a recipe.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg,
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour (set aside ¼ cup of this to toss with the blueberries)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 flour
- 1/4 cup nuts, pecans or walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Cream butter with lemon and the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Meanwhile, toss the blueberries with ¼ cup of flour ( this will keep them from sinking to the bottom) then mix in the remaining flour, baking powder and salt.
- Alternate adding the flour and milk. Fold in the blueberries.
- Prepare the topping. Place the butter, sugar and flour in a bowl and use 2 butter knifes to cut the butter until it's in small pieces. Add nuts and mix all together.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan (or something similar) with butter or coat with non-stick spray. Spread batter into pan. Sprinkle batter with topping. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Check with a toothpick for doneness. If necessary, return pan to oven for a couple of more minutes.Let cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
*I prepared mine with all purpose gluten free flour and 1 teaspoon of Xantham gum, turned out great!