Today is the last day for my #SeriousSandwich cook-along! It’s been fun trying out new recipes and sharing my experiences. If you haven’t picked up Emeril Lagasse’s new book, Kicked-Up Sandwiches, check it out! It’s full of great sandwich recipes.
Today I get to share a recipe!! It’s for the Egg Salad Supreme Sandwich. Yum! I’m not much of an egg person myself, so I made this for my hubby. Let’s just say it was so good it never even made it into sandwiches! I’m lucky I got a picture!
I hope you enjoyed the cook-along!
I’ll be posting the answers to some of the questions that you wanted me to ask Emeril!
- 12 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Hungarian paprika
- ¼ cup minced shallot
- ¼ cup chopped green onion or fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup minced celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, homemade (see page 309) or store-bought
- 12 slices White Sandwich Bread (page 303)
- 1. Roughly chop the eggs and place them in a mixing bowl. Add the salt, mustard, paprika, shallot, green onion, celery, and mayonnaise. Stir with a rubber spatula or a spoon until very well blended. Transfer to a container, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 4 days.
- 2. Spread 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the egg salad between 2 slices of bread. Repeat with the remaining salad and bread.