I love coconut. Coconut ice cream is my favorite. Almond Joy candybars are my favorite. Creamy coconut covered with chocolate, what’s not to like?
I made these chocolate for my sweet husband yesterday, he’s a lucky man! He shares my fondness for coconut. They are super easy to make with only 4 ingredients! Give them a try, you’ll be glad you did!
P.S. This is a gluten-free dessert
- 1 14oz bag of shredded coconut (about 4 1/2 cups)
- 1 14oz can of sweeten condensed milk
- 1 package of chocolate Almond Bark
- Optional: whole almonds to place on top
- This first step is optional. I put my coconut in the food processor because I wanted it to be finely shredded.
- In a bowl mix together the coconut and sweeten condensed milk.
- Place it in the fridge for 15 minutes. This will make it easier to work with.
- Once it's chilled, pull it out and form it into balls, or log shapes. Mine were between the sizes of nickel and quarter. Place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Once they all are formed put them in the fridge. If they are cold and solid it will be easier to dip them in chocolate.
- Melt the Almond Bark according to directions. I didn't used the entire package. I used about 3/4 of it.
- Dip the coconut balls into the chocolate. Roll it around with a spoon and then place back on the lined cookie sheet. Place an almond on top.
- Put them back in the fridge to cool and set up, at least 15 minutes. I think they taste better cool so I keep mine in the fridge.