It’s almost that time! Time to head the local Farmer’s Market for fresh produce! I love shopping at Farmer’s Markets. I like supporting local businesses and you can’t beat the fresh produce!
I was given a large zucchini today and to be honest I don’t really know what to do with zucchinis! But I have fond memories of my Mom making zucchini bread while I was young. So I thought I would give it a try! Success! It was delicious! Just don’t tell my kids that there’s vegetables in the bread!
*I made mine gluten-free. Instead of flour I used 3 cups all purpose gluten-free flour and 3 teaspoons of Xantham Gum! Turned out with a great texture and taste!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (I used on large zucchini)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour bread pans. This recipe will make 6 small loaves, or 2 large loaves, or a combination of the two.
- Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer until foamy.
- Add sugar, oil and vanilla, mix well.
- Add cinnamon, salt, soda, and baking powder. Stir.
- Rotate adding the flour and zucchini, mixing well after each.
- If you want nuts fold them in.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes, depending on the size of your loaf.
Pin it so you don’t forget it!