The other day my Dad told me, ” You don’t have enough friends if you have to go to the store to buy zucchini.” I must have a lot of friends because right now I’ve got a kitchen full of zucchini! I’m starting to get very creative. I made zucchini boats the other night and they were a huge hit. My husband loved them!
The only thing different that I did was I used some leftover taco meat. You can always throw in extras. I like to go through my fridge and use up whatever I can. Other add-ins could be mushrooms, peppers, corn, tomatoes…etc!
- 2 medium zucchini (about 8 inches)
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim the ends of zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Finely chop the pulp.
- In a skillet, cook beef, zucchini pulp, onion,and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. add 1/2 cup cheese, ketchup, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon into the zucchini shells. Place in a greased sheet. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until zucchini is tender.