A few days ago I shared a recipe on how to make banana bread in the crockpot. It turned out so wonderful that I had to make some for my Hubby who has Celiac Disease. I just wanted to share that it turned out just as good! And in a taste test I couldn’t tell the difference! Same moist texture and taste! This is definitely going in my recipe box!
I decided to make it in the crockpot because as we get closer to summer my house is hot enough! I don’t want to turn the oven on if I don’t have to. Yes, it does take longer to cook, but my air conditioner doesn’t have to get in a fight with my oven! That’s a win for me!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1 1/4 tsp Xantham gum
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- Grease and flour (use gluten-free flour) a 4 1/2 quart crockpot.
- Mix flour,Xantham gum, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add sugar, eggs, honey, and mashed bananas. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Pour into crockpot, cover and cook in high for 1 1/4 to 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (It took close to 2 hours for me)
- Let cool, then invert bread onto serving platter.