Here’s an easy treat to make. It was the first time that I’d ever made caramels and it was super easy! Only 5 ingredients and you cook it in the microwave!
Put some caramel in a jar with a pretty bow and it makes a wonderful homemade gift!
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Stir all ingredients together in a microwaveable bowl.
- Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring every minute.
- Stir and then pour into lightly greased dish.
- Let cool.
- Cut, wrap in wax paper & store in air tight container.