I’ve decided that this summer my crockpot is going to become my best friend! I recently moved to Georgia, and it is HOT! I hate turning on the oven and making the house even hotter than it already is. I never knew that you could make anything besides dinner in a crockpot. And to my surprise it was delicious! It came out wonderfully moist and soft. The kids ate it up by the end of the night!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
- Grease and flour a 4 1/2 quart crockpot.
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Slowly add sugar, eggs, honey, and mashed bananas. Mix until smooth.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture.
- Pour into crockpot, cover and cook in high for 1 1/4 to 1/2 hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. (It took close to 2 hours for me)
- Let cool, then invert bread onto serving platter.