My Aunt Susan always makes this wonderful broccoli salad and I finally managed to get the recipe from her. This would be great as a side dish or to eat by itself.
- 1 head fresh broccoli, tops and stem
- ½ small red onion, diced
- ½ cup craisins (you could also use raisins
- ¼ cup crispy bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- (you can also add chopped pecans if you wish)
- 2 cups Fat Free Miracle Whip
- 2 tlbs of Skim Milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (you can use splenda or ideal especially if you are diabetic)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- Chop broccoli florets and stems into bite-size pieces. You will want to use all but the bottom half of the stalk then discard the tough pieces.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Whisk all ingredients together until well blended. Sugar should be dissolved.
- Note: When adding dressing to salad, the dressing will liquefy after sitting for a few minutes, so add enough dressing to lightly coat, without drenching the salad.
- Refrigerate after making.