- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- 1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
- 2. In a blender combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, vanilla extract,baking powder and sugar; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
- 3.Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
First I know what you are thinking…eww! I thought the same thing but decided to give them a try. SURPRISE! They were actually good! My picky 4-year-old who won’t touch a bean ate them and had no idea. Since then I’ve made them a few times. Each time I share them with friends. After they are done I tell them they were made with black beans and they are shocked! It’s a healthier option than tradition brownies. I won’t say they are healthy because they are still brownies, but they are healthier. There are two things that I really like about this recipe. 1. It’s gluten-free, grain-free and dairy free! 2. You throw all the ingredients in a blend, easy as that! Now go give a try, see if your family notices the difference!