Greg's Chicken Enchilada Soup!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 4 cans chicken broth
- 1 can ranch style beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can southwestern black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 pound of velveeta cheese
- 1 stalk of green onions, diced
- Melt butter in 6-qt saucepan until sizzling
- Add chicken, onion, cumin, lemon pepper,oregano and garlic salt
- Cook over medium heat until chicken is no longer pink
- Add bay leaves, chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, velveeta cheese, and green onions.
- Continue cooking until mixture comes to a boil
- Reduce heat to low; cook, uncovered for 30 more minutes.
- Just before serving, remove the bay leaves. Enjoy!
Recipe Submitted by Greg & Gina Landers