My children like the pancakes on a stick. While I enjoy the fact that they are simple and quick in the morning I HATE the price. A while back I was able to get a bunch of Farmland sausage FREE after coupons (thanks Consumerqueen.com) and I like to use that free sausage and the pancake mix I keep on hand to make my own pancake sausage muffins for my children. They are very simple. (Recipe Submitted by: Karen P. from Oklahoma )
If you have a recipe to share send it to: MyRoyalKitchen@consumerqueen.com
- Pancake mix
- Water (my pancake mix only required water, if yours requires other ingredients replace the water with those ingredients).
- A swirl of syrup (optional)
- Prepare pancake mix as directed on the package (plan on 1 pancake worth of mix per muffin). Also precook the sausage.
- Spray the muffin tins with Pam or Joy to precent sticking.
- Chop up the sausage and mix it into the pancake batter. Spoon pancake batter into the muffin cups filling them about halfway. Cook the pancake muffins about 20 minutes or until golden bron on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- After the pancake sausage muffins cool you can freeze them for quick breakfasts when your running out the door in the morning, just reheat for 30 - 45 seconds in the microwave